Position Title: Commercial Real Estate Analyst
Position Overview: The Commercial Real Estate Analyst will underwrite real estate joint venture (debt & equity) requests in a high-volume environment while adhering to the articulated strategy of the Tulsa Real Estate Fund.
- Underwrites real estate joint ventures (debt &equity), determining sponsor/borrower’s needs, determining appropriate joint venture in light of needs, and obtaining requisite financial data (operating statements, rent rolls, borrower and guarantor financial statements).
- Evaluates collateral adequacy, industry risk, purpose and viability of the proforma, business, operating and lease-up plan; must be familiar with term and construction lending.
- Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data, rent roll and tenant analysis to assist in determining the risk of the loan. Determines appropriate structure and pricing in light of borrower type, industry, collateral, and risk and documenting any deviations from the prescribed structure.
- Completes financial, repayment and exit analysis with a focus on cash flow, loan to cost, and loan to value analysis.
- Verifies underwriting conditions and additional approval requirements are satisfied.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with an emphasis in management, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Candidates must have 3 plus years of previous commercial real estate underwriting or credit analysis experience; familiar with multi-family, office, retail, industrial and residential home builder analysis.
- Extremely intellectually curious and highly self-motivated with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to drive investment processes and solve problems, and strong financial modeling skills • Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to advancing professionally over time
- Interest in residing in the Atlanta area long-term
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience evaluating private equity funds and direct investments, particularly in the lower middle-market and/or executing private equity fund secondary investments
Job Type: Full Time
Please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] for further consideration.